Friday, July 13, 2012

Hidden Beauty

Can you find the hidden prince?
Like the prince in an enchanted fairytale, Ghana has a lot of hidden beauty. We often get so distracted by all the poverty and filth that we don't see the beauty right before us.


We passed by the Adaa falls a couple of times, but never really have taken the time to walk down the path to see what was there. We thought it was just another set of falls, and nobody really talks about them. There are many such falls marked on the maps here in Ghana, but this one has by far been our favorite.
Its only about a quarter mile down a path, but it is a decent into some exotic movie set.  I was just waiting for Tarzan to come swinging in on one of the vines. This is truely God's county.

Just another little treasure we've found to lift our spirits once again while here in Africa.






..from the beautiful Country of Ghana
Elder and Sister Fife

1 comment:

  1. You're right - it is incredibly, heart-thumpingly beautiful. I am grateful you are taking time to see it that way. I have LOVED your posts (which goes without saying, but I said it anyway ;-)and appreciate your warm, loving perspective more than you can know. Truly, you are inspiring! I try not to comment on every post - my kids say I can be obnoxious that way... but I learn so much from every one. You are great writers and excellent conveyors of your experiences. As you and your teacher friend said, "T'ank you!" So much!
    Love,
    Karla Cox

    ReplyDelete